Because a critical aspect of the IA process involves engaging with a wide range of decision makers and stakeholders, the university invites you to join us for this conversation via a LIVE WEBCAST on March 5, 2013 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. (with pre-registration required, please). Not only will you be able to watch the meeting online as it's happening from the comfort of your personal computer, but you'll also have the opportunity to submit questions and comments to a moderator in real time during the event. Please see details below, and spread the word.
Hydraulic Fracturing in Michigan: Integrated Assessment Overview & Discussion
Tuesday, March 5, 1:30-3:30PM
Agenda:1:30-1:40 Welcome and introduction, John Callewaert, Graham Institute
1:40-1:50 Opening remarks, Bill Rustem, Director of Strategic Policy, Governor's Office
1:50-2:00 Brief overview of process and timeline, John Callewaert, Graham Institute
2:00-2:45 Panel presentation and discussion with the U-M faculty members who are leading the preparation of 7 technical reports on the following topics:
- TECHNOLOGY: Johannes Schwank, Chemical Engineering; John Wilson, Energy Institute
- GEOLOGY/HYDRODYNAMICS: Brian Ellis, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- HUMAN HEALTH: Nil Basu, School of Public Health
- ENVIRONMENT/ECOLOGY: Allen Burton, School of Natural Resources & Environment (SNRE); Knute Nadelhoffer, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- POLICY/LAW: Sara Gosman, Law School
- ECONOMICS: Roland Zullo, Institute for Research on Labor, Employment, & the Economy
- SOCIAL/PUBLIC PERCEPTION: Andy Hoffman and Kim Wolske, Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise
3:15-3:30 Closing remarks and next steps
To receive access to the live stream, please REGISTER by March 1, 2013.
If you have any questions about this event or project, please contact John Callewaert, Graham Institute Integrated Assessment Program Director at (734) 615-3752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graham Institute's Integrated Assessment of Hydraulic Fracturing in Michigan Project Press Release